Our Support Department is in regular contact with legal representatives, and is sometimes in a position to refer members for legal support, with their consent.
There are however public sources of legal support which we feel may be of assistance to families who have concerns about the impact of pandemic education policy is having on their family, including:
- a lack of mitigations against in-school transmission
- a lack of remote educational provision
- refusal to authorise absence
- threats to fine or prosecute parents in respect to unauthorised absence
- attempts to off-roll the child
- a lack of consideration of the possibility that some children will develop long-covid, and that those who do will need appropriate adjustments to be made to the requirement to attend school which adequately meets their needs and recovery
We support many parents who are particularly – and in our view justifiably – concerned due to local high case rates and / or clinical vulnerabilities in the household.
Parents in this position may wish to consult the following sources for legal support and information. Any parent who wishes to share the progress of their legal discussions with us is welcome to do so, in the strictest confidence; doing so may assist us in formulating plans for wider legal action.